Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Best Wishes for 2013


Today is December 25, 2012, and it’s been a nice relaxing day. The day started at 6:30 a.m. when the step grandkids woke up and started opening their Christmas gifts. It was so much fun to see their excitement as they opened the packages and it has continued on throughout the day. 

Although I am the only vegan in the household I have managed to keep to true to my dietary needs this past holiday season. Around me people are eating cookies, cupcakes, steak, sausages, eggs, candy, etc. I have no interest in any of their food and keep thinking to myself about how important it is for me to stay true to myself and my health. This brings me to my next point--my New Year’s Resolutions

For the last couple of weeks I have been thinking about the upcoming new year and what I want to accomplish. Last year, there was so much that I wanted to achieve including getting my cholesterol numbers down and gaining greater control of my health. I believe that I have done this. My weight has dropped, my cholesterol has gone down along with my blood pressure so much that my doctor cut my meds in half. I am very happy about this and expect great things to continue.

One of the Christmas gifts I received this year was a wall decal that says “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.” I have adopted this saying as my motto for year 2013.  On January 2, I will be starting a new job which is exciting and I can’t wait to further my career. But this is not my only focus…there are plenty of other dreams I want to achieve. So I have listed my New Year’s Resolutions below keeping in mind the direction of my dreams:

  1. Continue to work on getting my numbers down so that I can go off all my prescription medication.
  2. Complete Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s on-line Plant-Based Nutrition certificate program. 
  3. Work out/exercise at least 3 times per week. 
  4. Find a mentor who can show me how to market my ideas and promote my blog.
  5. And last, but not least -- win the lottery! 

Basically, I want to continue in the direction of my dreams. Eventually, I want to become a plant-based health coach and help people take control of their health. I would also like to start a meet-up group in my area where we could offer no-oil cooking demonstrations, etc. There’s just so many things I would like to see happen this year. 

My goal is to continue moving forward and not turn back. I need to surround myself with people who support me in my journey. It’s also motivating to be instrumental in helping others succeed with this plant-based vegan lifestyle. These are my dreams for year 2013.  

What are your resolutions for 2013? What are your dreams for the future? I would love to hear from you.

Best Wishes for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment