Sunday, October 21, 2012

Whole Foods Healthy Eating Challenge and Week 5 of the Case Study


This past week I had the opportunity to speak at the Whole Foods 28-Day Healthy Eating Challenge. I was asked to share my experience and health issues and how I began eating a low fat plant-based diet. It was great! I have known for a long time that I want to help other people overcome their health issues and heal. That’s one reason I started blogging. But I would like to continue to speak in public about healthy eating and nutrition. Although I am not a doctor, I am looking at taking some online certificate programs in plant-based nutrition. This is a passion of mine! I would love to be able to travel and speak about the how thoughtful nutrition has changed my life. My goal is to become a food coach and work to inspire others. 

Speaking of others…

This is the 5th week of the Case Study with my two individuals. Both are making significant strides and both want to extend the case study beyond 3 months. 

I asked them to write a few words about their experience so far - 

“This experience has been an eye opener for me. I have to say that going into the diet plan was hard. I did not want to do it! But after taking notice of all the disease that has claimed the lives of five members of my family I knew I had to make a change. So I’m gonna say this is my 3rd week of taking these changes seriously. And I am pleased with my results. I have lost 7 pounds, 3 inches off my bust, 5 inches off my waist; and this is just the beginning!” 

“The Case Study is going real well for me. I am keeping track of my weight and measurements so I have seen the results in lost pounds and inches. I have also noticed since I have had Crohn’s since I was a young teen that my bowels are moving a lot more often than normal. I find myself turning down cakes and pastries (which I have never in my life done), eating more fruits and vegetables. The program is easy to follow and stay on. It does help me some that my Coach (as I call her) works here with me.”

I couldn’t be happier! Both are starting to see positive results from eating a plant-based diet.  And just as I have suspected, their particular health issues are reversing. I will continue to work with them and coach them. 

Do you have any suggestions about plant-based certificate programs?

No comments:

Post a Comment