- I never met my grandfather because he died before I was born of diabetes-related issues (who knows what exactly caused his death?)
- My grandmother suffered many years having strokes which left her completely debilitated.
- My uncle (my mother’s brother) had quadruple bypass surgery in the 1970s and then years later also had stents put in those same veins.
- My mother had Type 2 diabetes and died of coronary artery disease.
- My brother had quadruple bypass surgery a little under a year ago.
- I have had heart surgery and stents placed in two of my arteries.
The power lies in the hands of the consumer,
in the choices we make about what to put on our plates.”