Sunday, February 12, 2012

SLOW COOKED STEEL CUT OATS

Here’s my favorite way to prepare steel cut oats! So convenient and just the right portion size for breakfast.


I use one of the smaller sized crockpots and which is just the perfect size for my bowl. Once I assemble all the ingredients into my bowl it fits nicely into the crockpot. The oats cook inside the bowl and the crockpot never gets dirty!  Yay!
First, pour about 1-2 inch of water into the bottom of your small crockpot.



 Next, find the right size bowl that will fit inside the crockpot. 
In your bowl combine & stir the following ingredients:
  • Approximately 2/3 cup of steel cut oats 
  • Approximately 1/2 cup dried fruit
  • 1 Tbs sweetener
  • Approximately 2/3 cup alternate milk (soy milk, oat milk, almond milk, rice milk)
 

 

Allow to cook at least 2-3 hours on low.

 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment